An issue in the morning A feature request in the evening What else? --after Ekon
7.1.1. Reporting principles¶
Have you encountered a bug or do you have a new feature request? Here are a few tips on our issue reporting practices.
- If it ain’t on GitHub, it does not exist. Please document every bug or every feature request on GitHub in respected repositories.
- Found security issue? Alert us privately. If you find a security issue
that has a possible dangerous exploit, please alert us privately at
<email@example.com>. This will allow us to distribute a security patch before potential attackers look at the issue.
- Check existing issues before submitting. Please check opened or closed issued before submitting. Somebody else might have had the same issue as you.
- Describe concrete steps how to reproduce a problem. Which version you used? What you did? What was the outcome? What you expected instead?
- Submit a use case. Submit a test case code. Please clarify the use case in mind with as much explicit detail as necessary. Other Invenio instances may have different implicit assumptions than you.
- Get involved! Comment and advise on other issues. Help the community and see your responsibilites widen.
- Join Invenio chat room. Sometimes a quick chat may be better than long GitHub issue.
- Watch notifications in interested repositories. Subscribe to GitHub notifications to stay up-to-date on what is going on.